K7 Computing is happy to announce latest version 2.5 of K7 Enterprise Security.
New upgrades and improvements in compatibility with Windows Server operating systems K7 Enterprise Security and K7 Enterprise Antivirus are all types of Microsoft Server OS using now only one installation file to deploy K7 security console and endpoints.
What’s new in K7 Enterprise Security (2.5)
- Database storage size has been increased to 10 GB
- ‘Allow’ option is introduced for blocked applications under Application Control
- New Desktop icon introduced for Admin Console
- Short cut icon removed for endpoints, but sys-tray icon and start menu icon will remain
- Detection and Removal added for more 3rd Party AV products
What’s new in K7 Enterprise Security (2.4)
- Activity Log – The recent update and scan status of a computer can be viewed from Clients » Computer Details.
- Notification (email & Dashboard) for schedule scan interruption.
- Password protection for device control
- Enhancements on Task Details – Scan Summary and Update Summary added.
- Purging introduced to remove Not Reported computers, older Applications & Tasks automatically.
- Subnet search on Clients filter.
- Subscription expiry notification through email and Dashboard (Paid License: 30 days, 15 days & 3 days interval, 30 days Trial License: 15 days, 10 days & 3 days).
- Multiple selections now allowed to remove the Quarantined files, if the files are not required.
- Client’s computers list can be exported as a Report.
K7 Enterprise Security and K7 Enterprise Antivirus are available for trial at:
K7 Computing IE
The world’s fastest antivirus got even better
K7 antivirus is known for the speed of its scanning engine and for the very low impact
it has on system resources of PCs. Numerous awards for best performance and productivity were secured by K7 Computing recently.
AV-Comparatives’ latest PC Mark test ranked K7 antivirus no.1 for having virtually no impact on system resources.
All K7 Computing products for 2012 come with a brand new Graphical User Interface to greatly improve user experience. This new design makes it even easier for every user to understand what is happening to their PC in terms of security and to manage and eliminate possible threats.
Cyber criminals and their methods are getting more and more sophisticated. Malware is rapidly evolving every day. Two of the most common sources of malware infection are malicious websites and infected USB devices.
K7 Computing decided to stop these threats at their core by implementing a Cloud based annotation and website verification system in their software. This system checks and verifies every URL and places a clearly visible checkmark next to search results if the website is safe. Phishing and unsafe websites are automatically blocked.
As far as USB devices are concerned each one is scanned when plugged in. On top if this, users have the option to “vaccinate” their USB devices, which will prevent spreading of any malicious auto-run malware.
Lineup for 2012
K7 Desktop Edition products for 2012 are the following: K7 Antivirus Plus, K7 Total Security and K7 Ultimate Security.
K7 Business edition products are suitable for companies of all sizes. The flagship business product – K7 Enterprise Security is easily managed by a web based admin console accessible from any workstation within the network.
K7 Mail Security is a security suite specially developed for MS Exchange servers taking care of antivirus protection and spam filtering.
About K7 Computing
K7 Computing was founded in 1991 in Chennai, India. Over the course of years they became one of the major players on the Asian antivirus market as well as Japan’s best selling Internet security suite.
European operations were established subsequently with offices located in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Greece and more.