Phone text – free calls offer?
Phone Text phishing scams are nothing new in the recent years, but they are just not so common, like e-mail scams are. You know those Millions winning offers, bank details request to transfer gadzillions of dolars from some princess in some country, and many others. Funny ones or sometimes even very convincing one. Recently we have received screenshots from our colleges in Ireland for a phishing scam targeting O2 provider customers via text message.
Message is simple:
If you are not many of us – click at what ever shows up on the screen, than you will notice what’s wrong with the message: The link is not to O2 page, which is o2.co.uk or o2.ie but it’s to o2upgrades.org
ORG domain is purposely for organization with non-profit character. So deferentially not O2.
If you click at the link you are redirected to:
We have entered fictive details in to the form, and what happens next is that we are redirected after to legitimate O2 website login page:
And this is what most user are not aware of. For that split of second you have entered your login details on the page 2 and pressed submit, your records were written to someones database, and than you are passed to the legitimate O2 website. You think, hm… maybe I did enter it wrong. If yo did it right, you have just gave your details to some cyber criminal who can pass your details further, sell it on the black market or even use it himself. You are now on the legitimate O2 website login page, but no sign about the special offer. Why? Because it never existed. That was the whole phishing scam – phishing because what it means – to lure you somewhere where you would enter your login details so they get recorded for someone, somewhere for some purpose.
Be aware: if something looks as a very good offer, and it’s sent straight to you, stop, and think. In most cases it’s a scam. And if you are not sure, why not to ring the sender to make sure that the message is legitimate?
And in case you fell for the scam, just change your login details immediately.
About k7pressAntivirus Vendor - distributor for United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
- New K7 Enterprise Asset Management
- Surge in Grabbing Unauthorized Access
- Exorcising CTB Locker from your Computer: What you Need to Know
- February New K7 antivirus products build release
- Latest VB-100 award for K7 Total Security
- Editor of World-Renowned Security Magazine Appreciates K7 Speakers
- Keep e-Phishing at Bay – K7 Security Blog
- K7 Enterprise Security and Enterprise Antivirus new version release
- K7 released new version 14.2 for home edition antivirus products
- K7 Supports Windows 8.1
- K7 Total Security secured yet another VB-100 award
- K7 Computing Releases a New Version 13.1 of the K7 Antivirus and Security Product Line
- K7 Enterprise Security 2.0 released
- QR Code security
- Java C00l Blend Exploit
- Tesco Fake Vouchers Facebook Scam
- K7 is Windows 8 Compatible
- Carnivore Has a 0-Tolerance Policy, IE is protected by K7
- K7 Total Security secured August VB-100 award
- New K7 build improvements for September
- #K7 #Computing released new #Asset #Management within K7 #Enterprise #Security - #endpoint security: k7press.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/new… 3 years ago
- New K7 Enterprise Asset Management k7press.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/new… http://t.co/ybkBAsqZgY 3 years ago
- Summer #Sale is here: Buy K7 #antivirus security with 50% #discount. Half price for award winning security k7computing.co.uk/online-shop-su… 3 years ago